Monday, July 16, 2012

Altered Cigar Box

I signed up for a swap, where we were to alter a cigar box.  This being my first altered cigar box, I found it somewhat of a challenge, a challenge that I was willing to accept.

Inspiration for my theme was suggested by the person that was assigned as my swap partner. . .Shabby Chic.  The main technique was inspired by Tim Holtz's "Enameled Metals" for the book, A Compendium of Curiosities Vol. II.



Some Glossy Accents Crackle, some Peeled Paint Distress Stain.


Inside some bling and a daisy colored with Vintage Photo Distress Stain.


Inside bottom interesting wallpaper samples that I have had in my collection for many years,  this being the perfect opportunity to part with one sheet.


And for a little surprise, using the left over images, note cards for my swap partner.

I hope you like my first attempt at Altered Cigar Boxes.

~The Creative Scrapping Guy
Jason




4 comments:

  1. Love it! And the technique you used for the top is just perfect. I'm sure it won't be your last altered cigar box; fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cool box! Enamelled metal is one of my favourite techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice posting.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jason, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete